TDA - Technical Design Authority
What are the responsibilities of the TDA?
- Review the Solution Architecture
- Review the Architecturally Significant Scenarios
- Review the Architecture Quality Attributes
- Review any Architectural Risks and Issues
Why does the TDA need to do this?
- Validate Solution Architecture (Quality, Business Architecture Alignment and Requirements Compliance etc.)
- Validate Architecture Progress
- Resolve Architecture Issues
- Lead Architecture Direction
- Manage Technical Risks
Who is in the TDA?
- Enterprise Architect (Lead)
- Solution Architect
- Business Architect
- Third Party Architecture Leads
- Key Business Stakeholders
- Programme/Solution Delivery Manager
When will the TDA meet?
· A regular TDA Review Meeting will take place (frequency depending on programme size - fortnightly is suggested).
How will the TDA Review Meeting function?
Two business days before the before the meeting the following will take place:
- TDA Lead to publish the TDA Review Agenda
- TDA Lead to publish Solution Architecture Document and related artefacts
Before the meeting begins:
- TDA Members to read TDA Review Agenda and prepare where appropriate
- TDA Members to read Solution Architecture Document and related artefacts
And during the meeting:
- TDA Lead to go through the agenda items, risks and issues
- TDA to discuss Solution Architecture, issues etc.
- TDA Lead to capture issues